what you will learn
drawing the human head can be challenging if you're just starting out but with the right foundation you can be on your way to creating a correctly proportioned human head. studying how the front view is constructed will provide us with a good foundation to draw the head in other poses, so we'll start there.
we'll look at sketching the framework needed to have the correct proportions of the head. after these foundational elements of the head have been drawn we'll focus on the correct placement of facial features and how we can measure their relationships to one another. once we have an
understanding of how the front view is constructed we'll move onto drawing the profile and three-quarter views applying the same principles combined with some different methods.
after watching this training you'll have the foundation needed to begin practicing your own head drawings.
01. introduction and project overview 01:02
02. laying the foundation for the front view 07:19
03. beginning to draw facial features for the front view 07:29
04. continuing to draw the facial features for the front view 07:49
05. laying the foundation for the profile view 07:19
06. drawing facial features for the profile view 07:15
07. continuing to draw facial features for the profile view 07:46
08. constructing the head in three-quarter view 07:53
09. drawing the facial features for the three-quarter view 07:47
10. continuing to draw facial features for the three-quarter view 07:35